Of course on the first night I'm alone in over two months, something has to happen. The night my mom left, I was still awake at 11pm just sitting in my living room minding my own business, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a (not-so) little mouse walk down the hallway towards the bedrooms. So I tried not to panic and tried to pretend I didn't see it, but ended up laying awake on my bed at midnight trying to hope the noises in my bathroom were imaginary. So I texted my dad (it was 4am in Alabama after all) to see if he happened to be awake. Which he was! So I called him for moral support. My mom was still flying over the ocean at that point. I ended up sleeping in Kristen's bed with her with the door closed. Hoping the mouse wouldn't think to come under the door.
Oh, and on my way to bed I killed a roach and a millipede.
Thankfully, last night I slept much better, even though I know he's still out there somewhere... and I'm still hoping he won't be back in here. Ever.
1.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank the Lord, the mouse finally was caught two weeks later on a sticky trap next to the microwave.
ReplyDeletehahahaahaha. Val, this is hilarious. I am very proud of you for killing the roach and the millipede. That's disgusting. And I'm so glad the mouse is gone!!! Yay!!!
ReplyDelete