9.24.2011

James's words at 26 months


James just came up to tell me about "Go-wy-wif" and his "swing."
(that would be Goliath and his sling.) I asked if James was David, and he went off to shoot him, with his toy trains of course.

Typically James speaks really clearly. And enunciates every single consonant. He can say 'Rs' really well, but not 'Ls.' (see above)

I think it's really cute to hear how he pronounces words he doesn't quite get yet. I still know what he's saying almost always. Here are some examples:
Potato/Tomato = "Pay-toh-toh"
Airplane = Er-peen
Sprinkler = Spinkwrerer.
He used to call Kristen "Tih-ten" but now he says "Kit-sen" (which I think is adorable). This past week it started sounding more like Kristen, but still not quite. It's usually Kitsen.

And he just out of the blue said "Today is Fursday. Today."

He loves to sing "Happy to you! Birthday, to you!" He and Kristen both love to wrap presents (their toys) in blankets or boxes and sing Happy Birthday. Then I get to blow out the candle open them.

No comments:

Post a Comment